Let’s Make a Meal!
School Breakfast and Lunch Edition
School meals have a different look these days. Take a look at what makes a meal by looking at the below information.
Breakfast offers four items and students must take three:
Lunch offers five items and students must take at least three:
Food and Beverages Sold to Students During the School Day
Food and beverage items sold to Junior and Senior High students by district staff or by Food and Nutrition Services (media center snacks and a la carte) must follow these guidelines:
- Snack items may not exceed 200 calories per serving, and entrees may not exceed 350 calories per serving.
- Total fat cannot exceed 35% of total calories with saturated fat less than 10% of calories.
- Sodium cannot exceed 200 mg for snack or 480 mg for entrees.
- Items must be no more than 35% weight from total sugar.
- Items must be whole grain rich, having at least 51% whole grain.
- Beverages of 12 ounces must be unflavored or 100% juice with no added sweeteners.
- "No calorie" or “lower calorie” beverage options must be 12-20 fluid ounces or less.